68 bugs and counting

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
My understanding (someone more knowledgable, please correct me if I'm wrong), is that it covers a lot more bases than a standard cell phone. Yes, it's a phone, camera, etc., but it's also an MP3 player, fully functional PDA, has file and photo storage, full streaming 'net access, interacts more smoothly with a PC through Apple's software, and can probably be programmed to start your car remotely.

Speaking as someone who uses a phone to place a fucking call, I don't get it either.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
My understanding (someone more knowledgable, please correct me if I'm wrong), is that it covers a lot more bases than a standard cell phone. Yes, it's a phone, camera, etc., but it's also an MP3 player, fully functional PDA, has file and photo storage, full streaming 'net access, interacts more smoothly with a PC through Apple's software, and can probably be programmed to start your car remotely.

Speaking as someone who uses a phone to place a fucking call, I don't get it either.
I thought other modern phones could do that stuff. I mean, I hear about them playing music, taking photos and stuff.
I'm probably most out of context then you, I just bought my first cell phone 2 months ago, and it's the cheaper model, which can't probably do nothing less than simple calls...

Inkara1

The iPhone does nothing that wasn't previously available on some phone somewhere. The only difference is in the design of it and the branding. Just like the iPod when it was new... digital music players had been around for years, and even hard drive-based players had been around.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
My phone

Free (with 2 year agreement -we've been with them for 5 or so years anyway)

with a small amount of fiddling it plays mp3s
it takes photos (so?)
it makes & receives calls.

What else is there?