Oakland
Minnesota

wc-Anaheim

NL
Atlanta
St Louis
2001 World Series Champs Arizona Diamondbacks

wc-San Franciso

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a wild one.

My guesses

Yanks are too tired to go all the way. Twins don't have the experience, A's or Angels.

Angels

AZ is damaged goods, Atlanta's pitcjing can't take the weight again, St Louis-inexperienced. Bonds wants a ring.

SF

SF over Anaheim in 6.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
you should, baseball has been mathematically proven to be impossible. hitting a round ball, thrown at great velocity, with a round bat.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
A's simply because that's my team. As for the National League, I would put my money on Arizona, but I think SF will really put their hearts into this. Tough call in the NL.

Gonzo

Staff member
I'd prefer AZ won. Just not counting on it. :shrug:

day 2 winners
good day for Cali lovers
Oakland
SF
Anaheim

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
SF pounds Glavine and Johnson gets spanked hard. A's pound Twins in game two. Yankees win, of course.

Gonzo

Staff member
Goodbye Diamondbacks. Goodbye Yankees. Maybe next time.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
And game 5 tonight for the Giants and Braves. At least Glavine isn't starting. Something about that boy and postseason just doesn't mix.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Well, the A's are out, Yanks are out, and the Dbacks are out. This should be an interesting race. The Cards, Angels, Twins, and either Atlanta or San Fran. Hmmm. Cards are looking pretty good so far.

Gonzo

Staff member
ALCS-Angels vs Minnesota

NLCS-St Louis vs San Francisco

with a feel of disgust, I must root for SF, as they are in teh NL West.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Nope. I'm rooting for the Twins. Who the hell knows who's gonna take it, though. The 3 teams with the best records got killed in the division series.

I gotta say, though, if you leave 13 guys stranded on base in a game 5 situation, you didn't want it bad enough.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
I'll take the Cards in the National and the Angels in the American. I think the Cards will win the WS on the Angels in 6.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I'm taking SF vs MN for WS...wouldn't it be awful for Selig if the Twins won the wS? Contraction? Helllo? :D

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Angels finally get in. The way they played the Twins, they look like the team to beat in the Series. Cards and Giants are tired in the eighth inning, 2-2. Either way, the series starts out in ANgels territory. Take that a some rest, they have a good chance at taking it.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Yep, a California series. N. Cal vs. S. Cal which is pretty cool. A Bay Bridge series would have been better with the A's but I'll take this.

I could hear the fireworks going off at PacBell from where I live when the game ended.